Requesting a Student/GA/Shared University Device


How do I request a university-owned device for a graduate assistant, student employee or shared space?


To request a Student/GA/Shared device you must submit a University Device Request form to ITS. Below are some additional tips/guidelines for submitting this request:

  1.  Select the Student/GA/Shared Device option from the "What will this device be used for?" drop-down menu.
    • Student/GA/Shared devices do not include accessories and are issued in the form of a gently-used device.
  2. Laptops are the standard university device for BGSU employees. If you select desktop device, a business reason is required.  Request is subject to review by ITS.
  3. To view systems available visit Selection availability is based on current ITS inventory.
  4. To purchase accessories, review our Device & Accessory Purchasing Guidelines webpage.
    • Please note the Purchase Method column in this table. If University Device Request Form is listed, you may indicate the item you wish to purchase within this form in the non-standard accessories text field. 
  5. Review our list of Standard Software to determine if you need to request additional, non-standard software.
  6. Department Charge Code/Four-Digit Fund Code - This information is required and can be obtained from the requestor's supervisor or department administrative contact.
    • Please enter the codes for your department and not the example text included in the text field.

For additional assistance, please contact Information Technology Services at 419-372-0999 or through chat.

Print Article


Article ID: 140199
Wed 12/15/21 8:00 AM
Fri 1/12/24 9:10 AM